Scratch that...

So here's the deal...

As I sat down to start a post, forcing myself to write, trying my hardest to come up with interesting things to say about uninteresting photos and blah details of my day to day life, I realized...this isn't what I want. When I first decided to do this 365 project, I thought that it would be the perfect way for me to keep my family and friends updated on our lives. I already take anywhere from 5-300 pictures in a day, why not pick one or two and post them with a little story from the day? I love to write anyway, especially for people who appreciate my style...of writing, that is. And I love photography...so why not combine the two??

And so I did. And it was fun...for a little while. And then it got hard. And then I failed.

But then it got fun again. But then life took over. And then my blog became work.

And me and work...well...we don't play nice.


So now, here I am, making myself sit down and work. And I don't like it...not even a little bit! I'm searching out photos from a week ago, trying to remember the details that go along with them just so I can make up for the days that I missed...because I can't handle looking back and seeing that my 365 project is failing (in all honesty, I'm technically already down to about 355...) And as I read through a few posts that I posted just to post, it leaves me wondering how many people might even care about these blah details. Sometimes I wonder why I even care about them...(only the boring ones, like what we had for lunch) YES, I was actually writing a post that included a picture of Mexican food. Which means that I am finding myself turning my blog into something I don't want...

Something...boring. 
  
And that's just not gonna fly.

So now I'm left with a decision to make. Do I buckle down and make up these posts, filling up my blog with boring? Well, no...no I don't. Instead, I am going to ditch the 365 project. 

Say what you will...

...but it's hard! And let me just say, I was warned. OH, was I warned. I was told this would be hard and I was told it would be difficult sticking to such a specific subject, especially when Lord knows I have plenty of other things to say. But I didn't listen. I might be stubborn, and a glutton for punishment. Maybe.

 And so I did it anyway, and I have learned the error of my ways. And I have turned from the darkness that is work and have chosen a path of less resistance. And it shall be...awesome.


Q&A

Q: What if I like reading about your blah details and the sweet nothings of your daily routine?
A: Facebook.  
 
 Q: How often will you be posting, now that you've failed your project, your loyal friends, family and followers?

 A: Every day that I feel inspired to do so. Which will hopefully be every day...but count on less. I like to keep the bar low, so as not to disappoint any further.

Q: Will you be creating a new blog? I mean, this one still suggests that this is a 365 project...that's pretty misleading.

 A: No new blog, me + work = no. Remember? Plus, this is my third attempt at a blog, and it will not fail. I like to think of this blog name as I think of my one and only tattoo. I may have outgrown it, but whether I like it or not, it will be here to remind me of where I've been and what I've learned and where I never care to go again.
 
 Q: Can I publicly follow you so you feel like your posts matter, even though I'm not sure what your blog is even about anymore?


 A: Yes. Yes you can!! Over on the right hand side of this clean cut blog there is an option to "Join This Site". Do it. You won't be disappointed.


This entry was posted on Thursday, January 17, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

5 Responses to “Scratch that...”

  1. NO! I love your blogs! Dont quit Allison...dont give up! Just post when you want! Sad... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still going to post, and the blog will most likely still be a photo every day. Just not the 365 project. It's too stressful! Trust me, this will be better. :)

      Delete
  2. I love being able to follow you guys, both on this blog and on Facebook. We sure do love all of you! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm so glad you are here to stay! Love you all too! Thanks for following. :)

      Delete
  3. I pretty much adore this post. the writing, the promises. makes me giddy.

    ReplyDelete