Vacation


Tonight is Kim's last night here in Virginia. Tomorrow morning we will be taking her to the airport so she can fly home. Then we will be taking our four furry babies (2 dogs & 2 cats) to their vacation home with our pals John & Alyssa. These two are practically saints...who I'm sure won't want to see our kiddos any time soon once we return from our trip. Anyway, after our little herd has been handed off we will be finishing up a few last minute things at our home before heading to the airport for our own flight, from Norfolk, Virginia to Seattle, Washington!!




I spent the entire morning getting things packed up and ready for this 20 day trip we have planned. We will be starting in Seattle, then we will be making our way down to Oregon for a night, then on to Nampa, Idaho to spend time with my parents. Then we will be on our way to American Falls, Idaho for a few days with Harold's family. We will be going down to Salt Lake City, Utah area to visit with Harold's Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents and FINALLY we will be going down to the Denver area with Harold's brother, Brad, to see the last bit of Harold's family (whom neither Aden or I have ever met in person). We will fly out of Denver on the 15th of January, back to Norfolk and back to work. 

PHEW!! Are we crazy, or what!??

This is going to be busy, eventful, exhausting and the days are sure to fly by. But I am so ready for all of it! I am BEYOND excited to be going back 'home' tomorrow. I think what makes this trip so exciting to me is that this time I will be going with my husband, taking him to experience a part of my life that he has yet to see. (I grew up a couple hours from Seattle in Ellensburg, Washington and then moved to Idaho the summer before my freshman year in high school, where I met Harold.) Even as we have traveled the country and seen so many of the biggest cities the U.S. has to offer, Seattle still remains at the top of my list, sitting just above Boston (a very close second). I think what will always keep Seattle in my #1 slot is the year-round overcastness that I grew up to love. And you can be sure that my grandfathered love for the Seattle Mariners & Seahawks plays a huge role in my love for this amazing place.

Also, we will be seeing a handful of our most favorite people while we are in Seattle and that is going to be one of the best things ever!

And now that I'm thinking about it, the thing I am feeling the most excited for right at this moment are all of the pictures & memories that are coming our way on this vacation. I can't wait to take that touristy pose in front of Pike Place Market and snap a photo of Harold eating his first bowl of Ivar's clam chowder. And the photos to come of Aden with each of our friends and family members that we have waiting for us. 

So here we go...I've got a few things left to pack and a little boy to get off to bed. Tomorrow begins a journey we've been planning for months, and I can't wait to share something from each day with you!

This entry was posted on Friday, December 28, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply